Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Celebrity Cooks - an introduction



Hello and welcome to my first blogg posting about the show Celebrity Cooks with Bruno Gerussi. If you do not know about Bruno Gerussi - well shame on you. He was a great Canadian that influenced many lives much like the way Pierre Trudeau, Micheal J Fox and Guy Lafluer have. Please go to wikipedia and learn up about Bruno before you continue reading this blogg! ................................. .............................. .............................. ................................... Welcome back. remember growing up as a little footkid sitting on the shagg carpet watching Celebrity Cooks on TV. I took notes and made the recipes with me mom. The recipes made the celebrities seem like real people because they could actually cook dinners without the help from Butlers or Maids. Bruno (I did not know him but I feel he wouldn't mind if I called him by his first name) would always bring in a wide range of celebrities from every genre like acting, music, cooking, blacks, sports and even politicians.

Some of my favourite celebrities were Mary Travers, Abby Hoffman (the runner not that drug guy), Pol Martin, Bill Dailey, Farley Mowat, Scatman Crothers, and my favourite - Leon Bibb. (I wooed my first wife by cooking her Leon Bibb's "Sole Leon Bibb")

Bruno and his show inspired me to pursue a life in baking - a decision I have never regretted. He also helped singer Tommy Carson (a man who I am honored to call my friend) give up a plumbing career and become the "Singer the Zinger. With upcoming blogs Tommy Carson will provide his colourful commentary for each recipe I present from the "Celebrity Cooks" cooking cook books.

I will leave you with one quick recipe that you can start off with. Thanks for watching and bon appetit.

.
1 cup tahina
2 tbsp honey
.
Mix and spread on bread
Eat and enjoy

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    Like you, I grew up with bruno and Celebrity Cooks and of course, the Beachcombers :)

    There is one recipe in particaular I liked and actually got to cook for my family while I was still in my early teens. I'm afraid I can't remember who the celebrity was, but the recipe was a vegetarian lasagna using canned sliced mushrooms and cream of mushroom as the filler. I prepared it on numerous occasions, but it was many years ago and can't remember the recipe :( can you help?

    Cheers,

    Hany
    tthmessiha@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete